Monday, July 5, 2010

The Making of Page 8

Page 8 Underwater - Black & White


The Winter 2010 issue of theBOMBsurf Magazine has been delivered and readers are pouring over content from the past three months. One of the photographs, page 8, is an image stemming from a vision John and Iain had and asked for my help in creating.

The issue is full Black and White, something we think has never been done before and something John and Iain say they will never be doing again. So much was learnt about color management in the production of this magazine that they are looking forward to bringing brighter more vibrant issues in the future.

I have built a bracket that allows me to mount my HD Go Pro camera to my housing to capture high definition video at the same time I create stills. A simple contraption with wonderful results at times from which my plan of developing a series of videos called "Making of" which goes about explaining how a photograph was created. The title explains itself. At the moment my video skills are very limited. As I progress and the learning curve takes an uphill turn I will redo each video. Here is a link to watch the video for the "Making of Page 8".

I also prefer the color version of the image.

Page 8 Underwater - Color

No comments:

Post a Comment