Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brothers Wedding

Flowers - Check


My brother Calvin got married on 18 Sept 2010 to Heidi. I can only describe the day as magical, who gets married in the bush with Rhinos, Giraffes and Oxen as extra guests. The morning started off overcast with the wind picking up as the clock ticked on. After getting ready and driving to the ceremony the skies were peppered by spots of rain. Soft enough to cause concern yet light enough to hold hope. As guests gathered in the open veld sitting on hay-bails it really started to rain and the wind intensified. I could only close my eyes talk to mom and the powers that be and ask for some intervention. The rain stopped and the wind subsided but came back and my beliefs began to fail. I will forever hold onto my faith for what happened after that. Heidi and her Bridesmaids arrived in an Ox-wagon pulled by six very well behaved bulls. The rain stopped, the wind departed and the Rhinos arrived. At times the large male and female were within 20 meters of the guests. The Pastor noted that if they get any closer he is first up the tree under which we were standing. As the vows were recited the clouds parted and a brilliant golden light emanated with a perfect beam shining right down the middle of the isle encasing Calvin and Heidi in a beautiful halo. I smiled, closed my eyes and thanked mom. She was with us, there was never any doubt about that.

At a wedding a lot of concentration is placed on the bride and this is fair as it is usually the girls childhood dream day. But why forget the groom? As my wedding gift I photographed my brother getting ready for his big day.

The smile that says "I do"


All suited up -lets get married

No comments:

Post a Comment