Saturday, September 25, 2010

France - update 1

All the good things it takes to get here


My passport received its last international stamp when I departed Australia in March. Many things have happened since that ink hit the paper. I've experienced many personal trials and tribulations in the six months since then so it was both happiness and sadness when I departed home shores on Wednesday afternoon for France. It took one and a half days to get that fresh stamp in the passport. A one hour flight from Durban to JHB, a 6 hour layover in JHB, a 10 hour flight from JHB to London, another 6 hour layover which included a 1 hour bus journey from Heathrow to Gatwick, a 2 hour flight from Gatwick to Bordeaux, a 2 hour wait for my colleague to arrive thanks to the strikes by Air France staff and a 1.5 hour drive from Bordeaux to Hossegor.

Never has a shower felt so good. Being clean felt so fine that I nearly took another shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment