Wednesday, October 6, 2010

France - update 4

France - update 4


The final of the French updates. Mick beat Slater in the final in some "pro-only" conditions. Mortal behavior would prevent average surfer joe from paddling that. That and the lack of a jetski. As after parties go people get drunk and injuries occur, I was the wildcard injury for the night. After a fantastic hot-rock, aka Le Boef, we took the few short steps across to Cafe Paris. My bladder felt it was time to evict the few beers I had consumed and so off I went for a pee. All was fine until the last step of the stairwell on my way back to have another beer. Shiny wooden floors with a mix of beer, sweat and urine do not make for a surface with the most traction. Slip goes the foot, ass and elbow on the floor. A dent in the pride is only saved by a thumbs up to the acknowledging crowd along with a split elbow. It was a big cut but it was split to the bone, enough to drip blood on my favorite shoes.

After heading back to the hotel to rinse and wash the wound a soldering on approach was adapted. Rock Food was full and charging at the door and Dicks Tavern was a sweat pit enough to convince me my night was over. 20 minute walk back to the hotel for an uncomfortable night of sleep trying not to bump the egg my elbow had turned into.

Contest is over and a sleep in will be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment