Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Portugal - update 1

Portugal - update 1


Yesterday we arrived in Portugal for the Rip Curl Pro in Peniche. It is my second visit to the Sardine town of Portugal. It smelt bad upon arrival but you soon become accustomed. First objective is to fine a laundromat and wash my jean pant which should by now be able to walk themselves to the washer.

The drive down was pleasant. Hundreds of kilometers that are a pleasure to drive especially when in a car where cruising at 170kph, sometimes 180kph, feels like the new 120kph. There are still some crazies who come sit on your bumper virtually pushing you out the way. Along the way we stopped for coffee and two men, apologies for the generalisation, from Azbhekistan tried to sell us fake iPhones. My interest was peaked when he showed off the box mentioned 200 euros, he communicated the price by spitting on his finger and writing on my dashboard, until I grabbed it out his hand and saw it was nothing but an mp3 Japanese rip off.

First night in Peniche and I ate octopus. The prices here are very welcome after nearly two weeks in France. 10 Euros for my dinner and 5 Euros for a litre of red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment