Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Portugal - update 2

Portugal - update 2


I've been in Peniche/Portugal for over a week now and while I do have internet connectivity in land of the Sardine I have been slack. It happens when working. Since arriving in Peniche the womens part of the event has come and gone. Carissa Moore defeated Steph Gilmore at Lagide and now we are into Round 4 of the mens. We have run at Supertubos and Belgas. In all likely hood we will finish tomorrow back at Supertubos.

Sardines are not my first choice of fish and thus haven't sampled the staple local diet. I have however eaten octopus and whole squid but I did go for the "cleaned" option versus the "natural" option. The difference? Going natural would involve cooking the squid with its entrails still intact.

A 50 year storm was meant to strike last week. While the exaggerated 20ft waves failed to appear the gale force winds and horizontal rain made their presence very much known. Working in rain is never fun and now we have sunshine and I got burnt yesterday. Remember to pack suncream.

1 comment: