Sunday, October 17, 2010

Portugal - update 5

Portugal - update 5


Today went to visit the Pena Palace in the town of Sintra. In todays day and age it is almost impossible to make a photo inside an historic tourist attraction without capturing multiple people in the photograph too. It is all quite irritating. Pena Palace itself was quite interesting. I could have spent hours walking through the various rooms dedicated to Kings and Queens of past but the snaking crowd puts pressure on you to move along. That and lack of being allowed to take photos inside shortened my stay. By the size of the ancient beds on display the old Kings and Queens of Portugal must have been dwarfs. I at 5'11 would not be able to fit in any of them.

Then it was to the town of Sintra. A very commercialized tourist destination where I satisfied my need to taste the local Sardines. That need is now over. Portugal is supposedly famous for its Peri Peri Chicken, I am yet to see a single food establishment offering the dish. I am highly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment