Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from France - La Graviere : 200908


Bonjeur,

I'm becoming a big fan of this Reynolds guy. Not because of his surfing, yes it is good, but because he just doesn't care. What he doesn't care about I don't know, I don't care. I arrived mid-interview to hear him proclaim he didn't care, that's cool. It's also cool that he grows a beard, a ginger beard at that! He makes winning look sad.

What I do care about is some silly French Frog setting up in front of me after I'd been shooting a heat already. "I have 600mm + 1.4X", Waves are small so it doesn't matter you must move next to me. Then he shows me an over the top tight crop & proclaims "Good Photos yes". No mate. Photo showing hair on right testicle, crap photo yes, photo showing full size of small wave, good photo yes. And then there was the Bean Pole but he listened to me.

Along with the crowds come the girls, along with the girls come sleazy paparazzo style bum and boob shots. Yes I took them.

Slater had me worried for a second, 5 minutes to go needing 5 something in Round 2 & looking a bit wobbly. Why do I worry, Why? No problem Kelly he telepathically said to me, here is an 8 for your worries.

Until tomorrow . . "it would be an insult if you came to the beach and no one tried to chat up your girlfriend"

Trrrrrre Bien

No comments:

Post a Comment