Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from South Africa - Jbay : 140708


G’day Bruu

I figured it was time to fight the cold so I burnt the plastic & purchased some rubber.

No I am not trying to be like Mr. Slater with his gloves during a heat. It is cold & I am combating the problem of finger lock when shooting in the water.

But as Murphy the sod would have it I go get the kit & the water warms up. Warm to the point that I was cooking in my nice new toasty suit yesterday.

And I also have the sniffles, I’ve cut my feet, I’ve banned ALL girls from my En Suite bathroom. Today was the final straw, WHO and I mean WHO uses someone else's razor!!! And I fear toothbrush but I wont ask about that for fear of loosing the plot. And all this from a GIRL!!!!!!!!

Competition has been off for the last three days, conditions not good enough for these pros. If that is the case you would think they would let us mere mortal surfers have some waves. NO they just paddle out in their droves and take any and everything.

Until tomorrow when we are most likely back ON . . . YES I AM PEDANTIC ABOUT MY PERSONAL HYGIENE GOODS.

Toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment