Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from Mundaka : 08108


Ola,

I’ve written this 68hrs in advance but doing a slight re-write before breakfast before leaving.

Two months of Euro Tripping have taken their toll me. A few kilos heavier & a greater discontent towards humanity & my severe pregnant woman mood swings have left me in dire need of a proper cuppa tea. Mom put the kettle on get the 5 Roses Black Spiced Chai tea. I’M GOING HOME.

In the last two days I have come to accept two things. I c0cked up my “60 seconds with Slater” shoot. I never boosted the ISO rating & thus it all came out seriously underexposed, but it was a gloomy day and the pull back achieved in Photoshop ties in with that gloomy effect. That is what I am telling myself. I have also come to terms with the fact my reverse angle crapped out on me & in doing so I am sure a few old sea dogs have cottoned on to the Pocket Wizard angle, we shall see at the upcoming events. But I now know, use fresh recharged batteries EVERY time.

Kirstin & I went into the Euro leg with one goal in mind, shoot these disgruntled naysayers out the water. By the numerous complements we have received I think we achieved just that!

Well done all round.

I have three weeks at home before Machu Pichu, Peru, Hawaii, maybe Canada, Australia & then back home in March 2009.

Until then . . . how can you fly like an eagle with feathers clipped like a parrot?

No comments:

Post a Comment