Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 270108


Aloha,

Crumbs this wind never stops blowing. I think I have only had a handful of windless days in my long three month tour of duty. Today was no exception, it was blustering all bloody day and tonight it’s going to be stronger.

All this wind can only mean one thing, the rip at Rocky Lefts which I have renamed Rocky Rapids will be even stronger. I surfed this arvo. The only thing that can offset the insane amount of paddeling I did to stay in one place along with my reef dragging experience, my board received a nice introduction to Mr Hard Rock, was the ability of the setting sun to give the day a golden moment. The sun lit up the sky rendering the shoreline palm trees with an intense golden glow complemented by the dramatic black clouds. If only you were there.

In honor of todays Rocky session and the fact that I have no other photo, well I do, but I figured Brent could grace a postcard. Maybe I’m too hard on him at times and it might seem like I’m picking on him but I’m not.

Now if only he could keep quite for 5 minutes.

Until tomorrow . . go hide the pickle in the ham sandwich.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment