Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from South Africa - Durban : 070508


Howzit,

South Africa is truly buying into the touristic tag-line of “Deepest Darkest Africa”.

For those not in the know E’ish’Kom adopted a policy of “Load Shedding”, Some felt a bit of optimism and dubbed it “Power Sharing”. Me? I called it the case of idiots in charge of the light switch. Nothing like screwing up your job and still getting an 8 million rand bonus.

Where did our power go, sold to the neighboring countries. I can hear their cackles all the way to the shabeen “Eisha screw our people check all my zeros, bring on the eight hundred thousand quarts I can buy”. Quite funny how Black Label fits with the Black Outs.

Anyway . . last week E’ish”Kom decided to announce that all Load Shedding will cease immediately. My municipality must not have received the memo as my power went out today. Again before I could boil the kettle.

So I found something constructive to do with my time. I will admit I “borrowed” this idea, stole is such a strong word. I borrowed and improved because the version I saw was a good idea badly executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment