Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from South Africa - JBay : 090708


Gooi Mora Mens (yes my afrikaans is atrocious)

As you can see Jeffreys Bay is firing right now, its windy and as cold as a polar bears bum but it is firing!!

I am ‘back on tour’ if you wish to put it that way. My last ASP event was Brasil, a good nine or ten months ago. Crumbs that is jonks weg. Anyway. . . .

I was in East London over the weekend for a good friends wedding, must say it was a good shindig and goes down in my history as the best wedding I’ve been to so far. Cheap, and I mean CHEAP Tequila, R10 (yes TEN RAND) a pop. Needless to say I was downing them like water to a drain along with other dance shoe inducing liquids. AND to top it all off I never woke with a hangover!! Good stuff I tell you.

Yesterday I decided it was time to head to the J of Bay. I banked on a four hour drive, had I factored in the road works and their stoppages I would have banked on a 5 hour drive. I will admit, back road freeways result in a heavy foot but this time it didn’t cost me R200 to get out of a R700 fine. Corrupt cops, love em or hate em but that is another story.

AND THEN I had no accommodation, but Jeffrey always delivers and I didn’t had to sleep in my car.

Today it is firing mate, and on last count there were only 9 guys in the water the rest are already froze, so I’m going for a surf.

TOODALOO

No comments:

Post a Comment