Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 040108


Aloha,

That’s correct folks, the life of a travelling photographer is not all glitz and glam. When Murphys Law strikes a backyard corridor becomes the next best thing to a studio.

I had to get a photo of Terry Ahui (pictured) for a group shot of “Da Hui” which Aaron did before he left but Terry was not present so after some photoshopping Terry will look like he was right there with the rest of the Hui.

You see I needed to have similar lighting to the original, it was cloudy when Aaron did the main image. It was cloudy all day long, until I had to take the photo that was and then the sun came blaring through in all its glory making my life muddy. So my white sheet to make cutting out nice and easy and my assistant, a very tall 17 year old by the name of Brent went trompsing through the mud.

Never the less, I hope the boss is happy with my attempt, if not I blame it on the wheather.

Until tomorrow . . . unlike the Law of Murphy nothing is guaranteed.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment