Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 020208


Aloha,

Just as a wave develops from a pulse, an idea from the ocean it breaks, closes ending its journey my Hawaii 07/08 winter season has come to an end.

Pretty cheesy I know but nice analogy don’t you think.

Hawaii didn’t want to give me a nice going away pesent, instead I got blustering winds and rain squals but I wont let that rain on my parade.

I may not have sold as many images as I thought I would and my bank balance may be very flat but I will put this season down to learning many things. What I learnt about shooting from the water, positioning, fitness, awareness and how to find my happy place when the ocean is playing rag dolls with me would have taken years to accomplish in the waters of Durban.

Hawaii is still the proving ground and I know I can come back for the 08/09 season in 10 months knowing I have earnt a teaspoon of respect from the old dogs and won’t be the kid getting in the way.

Kathy, Scott, Murry, Brent & Shannon thank you once again for opening your house to my sandy feet and making me feel more welcome than I can put into words. Now Brent remember, I have two witnesses, you promised not to ride MY 6’6.

Australia here I come In 12 hours I will be Sydney bound.

Until tomorrow . . if it doesn’t fit, make it.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment