Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from London : 110908


Good day,

Last night witnessed a miracle. No the French did not end the world by splitting atoms. In fact their machine will take a few year to be in full 100% complete, yes I was aiming for the redundancy, working order & only then will they accomplish their goal. that’s if the Russians don’t beat them to it or the Americans don’t bomb them. Last night I didn’t procrastinate, I actually did what I intended to do. Albeit loosing interest and hour into it. Never the less I stuck to and got some night shots done.

I nearly didn’t though. My tripod base plate is permanently fixed to my big lens, the lens which would have been useless on this night expedition. So as I was setting it dawned on me, crumbs what am I to do now. As you can see I made a plan.

The secret brotherhood of photographers was in full force too. A nod a wink a hello as one by one we all walked past each other doing the same thing. Tripod in hand, laughing quietly at those who hand held long exposures unwittingly sizing up each others lenses. It’s not the size that counts its the quality of the glass. AR AR

After all that walking & I did a lot, I felt like a Starbucks. After my Grande Vanilla Latte on Tuesday I once again have the hankering for Starbucks. Alas the BuckStar closes before 11pm. “Well a Guinness will do nicely then” I thought. Nope sorry can’t have that either, bars close at 11pm. So a bottle of water and it was on the tube home with Sudoku keeping me company. I have one more night session in mind. We shall see if I get around to it.

Until tomorrow . . . don’t walk through the underground in a Pink Panther suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment