Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 170108


Aloha,

Since when do bicycle tubes have different thread systems. One with a thick plastic coating, one without. Trust me to get the wrong one and the bicycle shop operating on wierd hours. Must be nice to close at 12pm everyday.

Had a surf at Backyards today, needed to wash off the “I feel like going home early” mood trying to insnare me. Got rid of it by dodging some rock boils. I may not be the best surfer but any surfer can tell you, when you have your own equipment that you trust you wont be pulling back. A board that you know will respond to a little tweak of the ankle, a little flick of pressure makes all the difference. Today I was backing out of stuff I would have enjoyed giving the chance. By all means am I no briliiant surfer infact quite the opposite but I would have enjoyed my Corey board today.

Early morning surf check revealed junk, hence my surf. Afternoon surf revealed some sandbar dredging pits, hence I shot. Tomorrow morning, doowee now lets hope I can get out of bed early for a change.

Can’t remember this guys name but I have always enjoyed these sneak a peek shots.

Until tomorrow . . forget to say but there were sharks in the Waimea Bay yesterday, no tourists were eaten.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment