Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from Mundaka : 031008


Ola,

It’s over K9LLY SLATER or the weird symbol proclaiming 9 world titles is official. He is smiling now but if you were blind & had someone describing to you his level of ecstasy at rewriting the history books yet again you would be forgiven for thinking it was a bed time story you were being read.

I lost sleep over today, the thought of missing this shot or that shot & the only reason the photos don’t reflect the emotion of a World Title is because there wasn’t much.

But I am suffering from mood swings equivalent to that of a pregnant woman, I got hailed on in Mundaka, I got wetter than a drowned rat & my feet felt like ice-blocks & I’ve been Euro Tripping for close on two months. I’ve had enough I’m ready for home & a PROPER cuppa tea. YES I am a spoilt traveler.

I did however witness my surfing hero claim number 9. Does he need 10? I have two answers for that & not enough space left. But I did get this exclusive photo op despite Slaters “f*** did you miss all the photo ops” when I asked him to do the finger thing. I got it though!

The contest WILL finish tomorrow, the boys want it done with.

Until tomorrow . . contest wrist bands decapitate nipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment