Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 050108


Aloha,

In the words of Murry, “Damn Tourists”. The bike path is just that, the bike path. Not a place to congregate for conversation nor is it a place to rest your bikes while you sit on the railings. Damn tourists.

This is seriously getting annoying now, I understand it is the tropics but a full month of rain everyday is too much. I have resorted to cycling in a specific set of clothes thanks to mud splashes. I must look like a trolly hobo in the same set of clothes everyday, a well off hobo though since I am pedalling with all my gear.

Started off shooting land this morning, got some ok stuff but the call of the ocean got the better of me when I witnessed what looked like some very round sets rolling through Backdoor.

Needless to say it was not as round as it looked, nor was it as good as it looked. I did get a barrel shot or two, a nice fly-by of terrydactul. Can’t remember this chaps name but it’s todays pick of the choice.

In order to shoot in the water today I must have cycled a great number of kilometers before I had all the gear required. One trip to get the housing and another trip after I forgot the all important fisheye.

Until tomorrow . . word on the street revolves around an early monring Backdoor session.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment