Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from Mundaka : 021008


Ola,

Mundaka Udala delivered, & it delivered good!!

Despite being unceremoniously pissed upon from the skies above throughout the day thus having one of only two pairs of jeans & shoes soaking I was in high spirits. But that was only after I figured lets give the 500mm a go from the boat. And that was only after someone suggested it. And that was after I hadn’t thought about it despite spending so much on a good lens with stabilizer.

Never the less I digress.

Royden scored the barrel of the day to receive a perfect 10, his only 10 in his entire surfing career. Not bad at all.

The morning started out crap that’s for sure. Pretty much none of the shots from the morning session were useable.

The dual format system was used much to my & many peoples delight. Did you know a few people wanted to use it in Jeffreys but it was given thethumbs down by the people who now rave about it. We could have had a final in glorious conditions!

Anyway. tomorrow is a big day. Many shooting decisions need to be made. I think it’s somewhat assumed K9lly will happen. He has a wildcard but wildcards have proved his Achilles heel in the past. We shall see, I shall see live & in person thus being one with history.

Until tomorrow . . there is not a single good photo on the ASP website. HAHA naysayers make me laugh, they obviously didn't hear our compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment