Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 130108


Aloha,

Ok so I got it wrong. This morning when I did manage to roll out of bed I looked out the window to see the predicted waves. From now on I will trust the magic sea weed dot com. The sound eminating from the far off shores I can only compare to the constant drone you have to endure while sitting at the rear of an airplane.

A quick check of The Eddie event website, gotta love the web, revealed it was too messy and had been placed on hold. I didn’t need the web to tell me it was going to be called off due to the tumble dryer like conditions but it was fun sipping on my tea listening to the ramblings of a contest director and watching the interviewer try to disguise his lack of interest from the comfort of my morning sweats. It has become a chilly event getting out of bed lately, there is a cold snap in the air at 8am.

Not sure if it was Garret McNamaras early morning crowd thrilling antics at the Waimea Bay or some form of femenistic protest to the lack of female invitees to The Eddie but some Brazzo woman attempted to surf the bay. And a valiant effort she gave. After negotiating the shorebreak slap, ignoring the lifeguards hurtling towards her on their quad, had a cleanup set not rolled through she would have made it all the way. She tried which is a lot more she can say than half the shoulder hoppers on a mid-sized Waimea day.

I would love to see them tape off the beaches in this fashion back in Durban, the tape would be taken under the “affrimative shopping” act of The New Government and redistributed under the safety guidlines of melt plastic to ward off mosquitos.

Tomorrow is another day but I don’t think Eddie will go.

Until tomorrow . . . . . . . it is rude not to look.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment