Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 160108


Aloha,

No I didn’t venture forth and get wet. Had I done that I would be floating some 1500 neutical miles to the south hoping the red airwolf like coast guard helicopter would spot me. The rip has made its way out to the back where if you actually make it out there with noodle like arms you better have a secret stash of jet fuel to keep going.

I watched Jamie O’Briend lead a hapless bunch out, it was quite entertaining. As it is his backyard as I have mentioned numerous times before there was no chance of him getting the timing the wrong. The rips and ocean currents have created a mini Teahupoo on the sandbar. The swell rolls in and then proceeds suck the water off the sand only to break slightly below sea level. Jamie would make it in time to look back and watch his friends get a sand scrubbing.

I contributed slightly to society today by helping Kathy place some ancient lava rocks around her trees which the ocean tried to displace while displayng its unashamed power. Picture this, a mound of lava rock acting as a breakwall before half a football field of sand and grass and more rocks. The ocean reached over like a hand to throttel her garden and trees and steal her shovel.

I even cooked tonight, and what a feast it was. Stuffed Peppers kelly style. Mixed the mash potatoes into the cheese sauce. Mom you would have loved it, not only because you wouldn’t have had to cook it but because it was super tasty. I will cook upon my return *cross fingers whisteling in the air* promise.

Remember how my drives died in Mundaka and I thought I’d lost two events worth and more, well the same thing happened to a friend of mine lastnight. I get a call from Lucia at 1AM, HELP!!!! Never the less after a poor outlook & 20hrs of scanning it looks promising & my duty to society accomplished for the day.

Until tomorrow . . . backup my friends, always backup. Listen to those who have learnt the very hard way.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment