Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 060108


Aloha,

Lucia you gem you, I owe you a drink, a Starbucks a something. Maybe even a box of scons and some English Toffee. Who would have thought a little rub a dub dub would have solved all my port problems. Get your mind out the gutter those of you snikkering right about now!

Thanks to Lucia and her little trade secret I bring you this shot of Chad who now joins the “Two Postcard Club”. Getting bored of the fisheye barrel shot, yes yes how could one get bored of such a glorious view, trust me you do. After watching Chad pull double grab air after double grab air I had a brainwave, ‘Imagine that view from behind with all the palm trees’. Today wasn’t quite the day for it, yes we had sun which I will get to but the ramp section wasn’t enough. It will come oh yes it will come, I waited long enough for my prized barrel shot so I can wait a few days longer for my air shot.

Today was a beautiful sunny day, the first day of sun and only sun in a full month. Not a drop of rain to seen, felt or heard. With that in mind I think I have seen more rainbows in 7 weeks than I have in 7 years but I still haven’t grown tired of them.

But with the sun came the crowds and with the crowds came the WolfPak. No waves for anyone else, game over.

I got wet I got tanned I got my shots I was content, then I came home had my hotdog sandwich and I was satisfied. A cuppa tea a sunset and I was finally happy to let the day drift into the realms of groundhog day breaking status.

Until tomorrow . . . when the sun is shining get out of bed before 9am!

No comments:

Post a Comment