Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 010208


Aloha,

70% of my time is spent at the beach, in sand on sand around sand. Yet I can stand the stuff, it is one of my pet hates. And the sand in Hawaii comes with no exceptions, this stuff sticks like the proverbial sh!t to a blanket. I probably still have a grain from my first day in Hawaii, a whole 82 days ago, glued to some obscure place of my being. And whatever you do, DO NOT get it near my bed!

I may have arrived on this island 82 days ago but I can remember it like yesterday. With Gav at the airport cracking a beer “Welcome to Hawaii Brudda”. But don’t get me mistaken I am ready to leave. What, leave Hawaii, but it’s paradise. All things I’ve had work their way into my ears. Yes folks one can get tired of paradise. What is that noise, oh yes it’s rain again, the tropics come with a love hate relationship.

Tomorrow I spend packing after I spend most of the day procrastinating about packing. Again I will talk to my belongings and the extra 20 kilos of doodads I must convice the airport authorities are mere figments of their scales imagination and again I will be the packing guru.

Today I went to a sinful place, so bad yet oh so good. The Apple Store. One times iPhone on its’ way to South Africa but alas it is not for me. Come the end of 2008 I will have one though. Oh yes I will.

Until tomorrow . . . After Teds‘ Bakery is done and dusted for one more season, don’t argue, you know you wanna.

Mahalo

1 comment: