Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from Mundaka : 290908


Ola,

Straight off the bat, Yes, there is a bit of trickery going on here but it was the only way I could show off something I have become very fond of doing. Panoramas, stitching anywhere from 5 to 28 photos together is quite fun. And then turning them into nifty black and whites is the Apple Pie.

I just might send out two today you never know because I am making up for yesterday.

We drove down to Mundaka yesterday, a feat which should have been simple but proved a slight headache. A good lunch in Biarritz turned into a u-turn festival. The GPS wanted to take me where I wanted to go but the French deem it fit to block ALL main roads in the city and then close all petrol stations so those sniffing fumes better get their tekkies on.

It is beautiful weather in Mundaka, The Basque Country today but alas no surfing going on and tomorrow is an 8am call at Sopelena the backup venue because Back to Bakio Pro was just not an option. Lets just hope it does not become a Slopelena Pro.

This the Mundaka Harbor, that jetty effort below is where the winner gets tossed off, I am certain we will be seeing K9lly Slater being thrown into the waters of Mundaka to be baptized a 9X World Champion.

The food has been good this year so far. Let us see how long it stays that way.

Until tomorrow . . OLA

No comments:

Post a Comment