Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Postcards from Hawaii : 110108


Aloha,

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me. Doing the walk of shame once is once too many, having to perform the walk twice is just plain embarrassing even if 90% of the beachgoers didn’t know any better.

I got the time all wrong again and when Ian McNamara broadcasts over the speakers “Buddy it’s time to give up I don’t want to have to call the lifeguards” it was time to put on my walking shoes. Ended up sitting on the shoreline for 90 odd minutes watching waiting anticipating but in the end I gave up all together. I even walked around the back of Pipe on the bike path to avoid further shame. Headed back to get my land gear, cycled down and low n behold it had cleaned up and the swim out was makeable. Back to the house I come get my water gear and find myself sitting on the shore line watching waiting anticipating. Had another go and as you can see I made it out no sweat.

Kalani Robb was another of my favourite surfers growing up so being able to photograph him in his element is another for the memory bank.

Swell drops tomorrow but, dum dum dum, Sunday is big enough for the Eddie to be put on standby. 50% chance of it running on Sunday, I sure hope it does but no chance I will be attempting water shots then.

I am ready for bed now, all this cycling and swimming is draining my energy.

Until tomorrow . . never give up.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment