Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from Mundaka : 061008


Ola, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

This is Mundaka from the water. Real old school architecture with a deep rooted history. Just walk through the skinny streets to feel it.

Not sure if it was a special day or a first weekend of the month tradition but yesterday if you were hungry and had an appetite for fish you just had to pop down to the harbor. There in the baking sun were trays of sardines on the braai. FOR FREE!! You give away complimentary sardines in Durban and you will have a queue stretching from Pheonix to the airport with flights from Deli completely sold out. Now I am not a crazy fan of fish nor sardines, in fact I would never have eaten them if I had to pay for them but they were so salty that if left in the sun any longer it would have been sardine biltong.

Never the less I enjoyed them with the white wine, complimentary too but I smelt like the harbor for the rest of the day. Even after showering.

Didn’t do much today, caught up on a few emails etc etc and procrastinated some more while fully embracing the siesta tradition.

Until tomorrow . . tell me 5 things you like about my body.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment