Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcards from France - Les Estagnots : 250908


Bonjeur,

Every story as two sides, but what about the edges? Taj looses Ace wins K9lly is put on hold but lost in the scrum. The final was won by the better surfer of those 35 minutes. Don't get me wrong I am all for K9LLY but even his 8 point ride I felt was slightly over scored.

Right down the final seconds Slater was trying to pull it out the bag, had it been 5 minutes longer and he would have willed a 10 pointer to himself. His last wave only score a 2 something but the announcers were making such a fuss in French that I didn't know who won. No one was hoisting him on their shoulders & we couldn't see him amidst the scrum for a touch of Kelly. Then there, out the corner of my right eye up comings Ace. That's who won. Only the 2nd Top 45 surfer to beat him in 2008. And a deserved winner he was/is.

I saw him later in the night after I left the rock food (side note : i needed someone to party with but all faded - that's the story im sticking to) & he was off his trolly in true Aussie style. His head was surely paining a few hours later.

Until tomorrow . . wherever you are in the world there will always be an asshole. In France there will always be two.

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment